Day 3: Kindness for Hard Work
*There are 2 activities for this day’s lesson. Feel free to choose one of the activities OR spread them out over several days! :)
- Bible (I like the NirV)
- Activity #1: Pompoms, Basket
- Activity #2: Basket, Sticks/leaves outside
Day 3: Lesson and Activities
- Open Bible to Ruth 2:3 and 8. Ask if child wants to touch God’s Word. Touch gently. Then, “read” story. Naomi and Ruth were very poor. Ruth went out to a field and began to pick up grain left behind by the other workers. She was working in a field that belonged to Boaz. Boaz was very kind to Ruth. Ruth worked hard to help Naomi.
- Hold a container of pompoms and drop some here and there as you walk around the room. The workers were out in the field, but they dropped some of their grain behind and left it for those in need to gather it up.
- Poem: Glean, glean, glean, glean. Gather all the grain that fell. Glean, glean, glean, glean. Working very hard
Activity #2: Go outside and gather up sticks and leaves from the yard
- Poem: Glean, glean, glean, glean. Gather all the sticks/leaves that fell. Glean, glean, glean, glean. Working very hard
Closing: Speak verse James 1:17, Every perfect gift is from God. Ruth’s hard work was a gift from God to Naomi. Boaz’s kindness to Ruth was a gift from God.
- Since we finished the lesson outside, we closed in prayer outside. :)