Disciples: Weekly Routines
Weekly Verse: Mark 1:17, I will show you how to fish for people!
- Five little fishies swimming in a pool. (Wiggle 5 fingers)
- First one said, “The pool is cool.” (1 finger up – wrap arms around body)
- Second one said, “The pool is deep.” (2 fingers up – hands measure deep)
- Third one said, “I want to sleep.” (3 fingers up – rest head on hands)
- Fourth one said, “Let’s dive and dip.” (4 fingers up – hand dives and dips)
- Fifth one said, “I spy a ship.” (5 fingers up – peer out under hand)
- Fishermen’s boat comes, (Fingers form V and move away from body)
- Line goes ker-splash! (Pantomime throwing fishing line)
- Away the five little fishies dash. (Wiggle 5 fingers away)
Bible Song: (Tune: I’m a Little Teapot) Take your little hand and pat-pat-pat. Take your little hand and pat-pat-pat. Take your little hand and pat-pat-pat. Pat the Holy Bible.
Bible Reading: Open, point to words, and read, “_____ will fish for people!” Add family members, friends, pets…
Closing Prayer: (Tune: Are You Sleeping?) God is listening, God is listening – when we pray, when we pray. Fold our hands so nicely, close our eyes so quietly – now we’ll pray, now we’ll pray. *Thank God for specific things learned today, pray to share Jesus with others, pray for specific requests.