Day 3: Jesus Grows Up
*There are 4 activities for this day’s lesson. Feel free to choose one or two of the activities OR spread them out over several days! :)
- Bible (I like the NirV)
- Children’s Bible (I’m using the Say & Pray Bible for this lesson)
- Activity #1: Tape measurer
- Activity #2: Growth chart (or make your own with paper on the wall – can make it look like a ruler)
- Activity #3: Big and small pompoms mixed, Two bowls, Pair of tongs
- Activity #4: Magic grow capsules
Day 3: Lesson and Activities
- Open Bible to Luke 2:40. Ask if child wants to touch God’s Word. Touch gently. Then, read the verse.
- Open Say & Pray Bible to story. Read the story, verse, and prayer. Point to Jesus, ball, bird, house, window, broom, and dog.
- Hold up tape measure while singing (pretend to measure height, legs, arms, head, heart…)
- Sing (Tune: Row, Row, Row Your Boat) Jesus grew up big and strong, His legs were getting long. His mind was smart, and so was His heart. And how He loved God so!
- Verse 2: Katelyn grows up big and strong, her legs are getting long. Her mind is smart, and so is her heart. And how she loves God so!
- Prep: Make growth chart with butcher paper if you don’t already have a chart.
- Read “So Big” by Dan Yaccarino
- Measure child on growth chart
- Speak: Grow up – SO BIG! (raise arms up) Grow up – SO BIG!
- Prep: Mix big and small pompoms together.
- Present child with big and small pompoms mixed
- Use tongs to sort the BIG pompoms in one bowl and the SMALL pompoms in the other bowl
- Speak: This is BIG, BIG, BIG
- This is SMALL, SMALL, SMALL
- Jesus grew BIG, BIG, BIG
- And He got TALL, TALL, TALL!
- Put magic grow capsules in water to see the animals grow!
Closing: Luke 2:40, The child grew and became strong. God helps you to grow up big and strong, too!